Once again we're making our way down to Mexico for our annual house building trip! Come join us, because it is going to be amazing! Below is our trip information and you will see where we are staying, where we build, and a list of what you need to make this trip happen. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Alex, our high school ministries director, to help you find the answers you're looking for.
Check List and dates:
- Register Student to attend. Deadline March 11, 2018
- Make sure your student has a passport and it is not expired.
- Students attend Pancake Breakfast fundraiser. February 25, 2018
- Students attend Pre-Trip meeting and free notary provided at SunHouse for consent to travel form. March 11, 2018. 11:30-2:00pm
- Students meet at church to leave. March 25 at 9am.
- Passport!!! Plus 2 copies (one copy at home, one given to SunHouse)
- Water Bottle
- Warm sleeping bag and pillow
- I recommend a twin size fitted sheet
- Toiletries and other personal items
- Medication (in original containers)
- Hand towel
- Bath towel
- Clothes you do not mind getting dirty/painted (usually you will wear this same set of work clothes everyday)
- T-shirts (no tank-tops or mid-driffs)
- Jeans (No SHORT Shorts) You can wear shorts, but remember you are on a construction site and jeans will provide better protection.
- Sturdy work shoes
- Shower Slippers (trust me....bring a cheap pair of flip flops for the shower)
- Warm sweatshirt (it gets cold at night and sometimes at the construction site too)
- Warm pajamas
- Waterproof jacket/wind breaker/pancho
- Socks and underwear
- Framing Hammer! This is a must, don't buy a finishing hammer.
- Work gloves
- Safety Glasses or sunglasses with safety rating
- Tool belt or nail pouch
- 2 paintbrushes and a paint roller.
What NOT to bring
- drugs (including e-cigarrettes, hookah pens, or other substances that are illegal for minors to be in possession of), alcohol, weapons, fireworks, (you will be sent home if you bring these)
- Anything valuable that you do not want to lose!
- Jewerly, watches, cameras, portable speakers...etc.
- There is no American cell phone service where we will be staying or working. If you do make a call it is $4/minute and data rates also will be similar. SunHouse leaders will have cell phones for emergencies, but please do not bring yours.