The SunHouse House Building Tour is making a stop in Mexico for 2017! Come join us, because it is going to be amazing! Below is our tour information and you will see where we are staying, where we build and a list of what you need to make this trip happen.
Check List and dates:
- Attend Parent Informational Meeting. January 22nd, 2017
- Register Student to attend. Deadline March 12, 2017
- Make sure your student has a passport and it is not expired.
- Students attend Pancake Breakfast fundraiser. February 26th, 2017
- Students attend Pre-Trip meeting and free notary provided at SunHouse for consent to travel form. March 12, 2017. 11:30-2:00pm
- Students meet at church to leave. March 26 at 9am.
- Passport!!! Plus 2 copies (one copy at home, one given to SunHouse)
- Water Bottle
- Warm sleeping bag and pillow
- I recommend a twin size fitted sheet
- Toiletries and other personal items
- Medication (in original containers)
- Hand towel
- Bath towel
- Clothes you do not mind getting dirty/painted (usually you will wear this same set of work clothes everyday)
- T-shirts (no tank-tops or mid-driffs)
- Jeans (No SHORT Shorts) You can wear shorts, but remember you are on a construction site and jeans will provide better protection.
- Sturdy work shoes
- Shower Slippers (trust me....bring a cheap pair of flip flops for the shower)
- Warm sweatshirt (it gets cold at night and sometimes at the construction site too)
- Warm pajamas
- Waterproof jacket/wind breaker/pancho
- Socks and underwear
- Framing Hammer! This is a must, don't buy a finishing hammer.
- Work gloves
- Safety Glasses or sunglasses with safety rating
- Tool belt or nail pouch
- 2 paintbrushes and a paint roller.
What NOT to bring
- drugs (including e-cigarrettes, hookah pens, or other substances that are illegal for minors to be in possession of), alcohol, weapons, fireworks, (you will be sent home if you bring these)
- Anything valuable that you do not want to lose!
- Jewerly, watches, cameras, portable speakers...etc.
- There is no American cell phone service where we will be staying or working. If you do make a call it is $4/minute and data rates also will be similar. SunHouse leaders will have cell phones for emergencies, but please do not bring yours.