The SunHouse Position Description.
The Middle School Director plays a vital role in the ministry of La Jolla Presbyterian Church! This is not just a position at a church with a list of objectives and tasks to manage. This is a calling to lead and partner with Middle School students into a relationship with Jesus that is full of life giving wonderfulness.
We are looking for someone who:
-Is a follower of Jesus Christ who has been transformed by the grace and Mercy of Christ’s love.
-Is a fan and supporter of Middle Schoolers, loving them for who they are.
- Is willing to trail blaze in ministry experiments with the intention of focusing on a new way to experience Jesus. Ministry is messy…we want you to get into the thick of it.
- Can engage in middle school culture to promote, develop, and create relevant activities and events.
-Has the patience to work with the unchurched in our community in order to develop opportunities to discover Christ.
- Recognizes the importance of building relationships with parents as a vital resource to student’s and family’s spiritual growth.
- Is willing to disciple students, going beyond church attendance and bible knowledge, in a way that they can live out Jesus’ teachings in everyday life.
- Can work in a team environment with volunteers, leading, directing and equipping volunteers for relevant ministry.
- Can lead a team of volunteers, equipping them with the proper tools to succeed in middle school ministry.
Of course all the above does have some of the objectives that are necessary to making ministry happen (of course you already should know that). So be prepared to manage budgets, talk and minister to parents, recruit volunteers, create events and calendar them so you and families can plan… etc.